Kings Canyon Unified School District is an exemplary district. The primary function of the KCUSD standard dress attire policy is to establish a safe and secure learning environment that reflects positive student choice. The district standard dress attire policy will be enforced consistently and fairly on school campuses and at school sponsored functions. Schools are responsible for notifying students and parents/guardians in a timely manner of established site standards.
Educationally Appropriate Dress and Grooming
Any apparel, hair style, cosmetic or jewelry, even if not specifically mentioned below, which creates a safety concern, draws undue attention to the wearer, or tends to detract from the educational process is prohibited unless addressed elsewhere in this regulation.
- Hats are not permitted indoors.
- Natural hair color only.
- Only the ears can be pierced.
- Tops need to be fitted around the neck and arms. (no oversized shirts please)
- Remember...Tank Tops are not acceptable, minimum of 3 inches of fabric on the shoulder
- Hide undergarments
- See-through tops and bare abdomens are prohibited
- Appropriate pictures and text
- May not promote tobacco, alcohol, drugs, sexm violence or gang affiliation.
- Must be worn at your waist
- No skin showing above the 4" inseam.
- Skirts and dresses must be no shorter than 4" above the knee.
- Leggings and tights must be covered by shirts/skirt/dress that reaches your fingertip length.
- Pajama Pants are not permitted.
- All Students- No flip flops
- PreK-5th - No shoes or sandals without heel straps
CONSEQUENCES FOR NOT MEETING DRESS CODE
- Students who do not meet dress code requirements will be referred to the office and parents will need to bring a change of clothes.
- Second offence students are referred to the office, will receive detention, and parents will need to bring a change of clothes.
- Third offence will result in suspension from school.
Students, if you have any doubt about dress code requirements and what you are wearing on any certain day, save it for the following day and ask your teacher or administrator if what you want to wear is appropriate.
Dunlap administration reserves the right to evaluate student dress on an individual basis for student safety.